June 16, 2015

LDS Charities Self-Reliance Video Explains How the Mormon Church Cares for Those In Need

Self-reliance is a principle taught by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Those of you who have followed my blog over the years have only glimpsed a small portion of how my church helps people help themselves through food storage and humanitarian service. I invite you to see the big picture as you view this new video called "LDS Charities Food Production and Nutrition."

Our welfare program is not a handout — it's a hand up. I'm grateful to belong to an organized, loving church that follows Christ's example and ministers to those in need. Can you imagine what a difference we could make in the world if we each did a little bit more to lift and help others?

2 comments:

  1. I am a 7th Day Adventist. We are also very involved in world relief. We also help locally but we could sure learn a lot from the L.D.S. Church in this area. Thank you for sharing how you this and for the work you do in this area. Maria Lewis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My church works with many religions worldwide. I am sure we will someday be working together, Maria.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...