May 10, 2011

1976 Magic Mill Owner's Manual Instructions

Thank you to the reader who sent me the owner's manual for a 1976 Magic Mill wheat grinder. I lost the printout a year ago and just found it today behind the cabinet of my printer! Because it was a scanned copy, it does not copy well; so I retyped most of it instead. I purchased my Magic Mill from a woman in my ward several years ago, and she didn't have the instruction booklet either. So it was nice to finally read how to really use the mill, rather than guessing. Those of you looking for instructions
on how to use the manual handle will want to read this owner's manual. Sure, I covet some of the newer mills because they are smaller, but the fact that they don't come with a manual handle to use when the power goes out makes me still use the Magic Mill. Great for emergency preparedness, a way to use your long-term food storage, and regular home use.

Click here for a portion of the typed 1976 Magic Mill owner's manual

Other posts about the Magic Mill -
Magic Mill with Stone Grinder
How Long Can I Store Wheat Flour?










9 comments:

  1. I inherited my mother's Bosch and Magic Mill when she passed 20 years ago. I'm betting hers is from about 1976 too. I didn't have the manual, so thank you. I've never tried to use it manually. Now I know how:)
    It doesn't seem to be specific about grinding anything other than soy and wheat. Have you tried corn or other things in it? That's the only thing I haven't been happy about. I'd love to be able to grind corn and beans in it too.
    Much thanks again for the manual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not ground corn, but I think you can. Has anyone else done ground corn or soybeans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say thank you for Posting the Magic Mill Instruction Book! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, inherited the Magic Mill wwithout a manual and am grateful for your post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Magic Mill will grind field/dent corn in one pass... if you are grinding popcorn... back the stones away so there is a gap and run the corn through two or thee times adjusting the stone faces closer each pass. The old battle axe MM is the only one rated to grind popcorn...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay away from soybeans... to much oil...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to find your posts with information about my hand-me-down grinder. It still works really well, and now I know how to adjust the stones and grind by hand. THANK YOU!!!!! I haven't tried this yet, but I would like to store my grinder in a Jumbo size "Space Bag" or a generic version. If air can't get in, hopefully neither will weevils. Best Wishes, J

    ReplyDelete
  8. I store bay leaves inside my Magic Mill, which has seemed to deter weevils. Does anyone know
    if the grinding stones ever contained aluminum, and if .so, what models? Does anyone manufacture replacement stones, and are they difficult to replace? Thank you. I still enjoy my Magic Mill, which
    was a gift from a deceased friend and am grateful for the typed copy of the manual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and suggestions! Sorry you have to show word verification, but it prevents spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...