April 15, 2011

I Choose to Dance


Today I attended the funeral of a special sister named Cindy Simpson. After losing my sister to melanoma 17 years ago, attending funerals is not always easy for me. But I cannot deny the closeness I feel to spirits who have gone to the other side when I am at a funeral. And I could image Cindy standing nearby watching the beautiful tribute her family gave to her, and smiling. Extremely proud of each of them. It is difficult going through the day constantly being on the verge of tears, but when I saw Floyd with his big smile at the funeral today, I knew he was celebrating her life.

Cindy was the kind of person everyone loved to be around.
She made you feel good about yourself and had this enormous, contagious smile. She was courageous and faced breast cancer head on. Wanting to live life to the fullest, she never let her illness get the best of her. She continued to live, love, and serve when others would have given up. Because of her faith in God and her desire to "live," her legacy will live on in the hearts of many.

And when I get the choice to sit it out or dance, I choose to dance! We will miss you, Cindy.

Valerie

Obituary of Cynthia Simpson

4 comments:

  1. Great tribute to Cindy! She will be missed and is an amazing woman. Funerals are tough, but I too believe that the spirits that have passed are there with us. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady with a heart of gold. I was sad to not be able to attend. Rich had a medical procedure that I had to drive him for or we would have been there to celebrate her life. I didn't know her even close to what you did, but I was Arielle's YW camp "mom" and had met her on a few occasions and could see how awesome they are. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of your experience. How blessed we are for the Gospel perspective of things. ;D ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for you loss.:( Cindy sounds like a lovely person. She has such a kind face.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tribute to a wonderful person. I hate going to a funeral and thinking only about the emptiness I feel with out that person. I would rather celebrate that fact that they lived and lived well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...