March 28, 2013

Mable's Best Sugar Cookies


My friend, Mable, makes the most scrumptious sugar cookies! Our young women at church love them. I'm not the best cook, but she makes me look good, so I made them for my family for Valentine's day. This is also a great recipe for Easter cookies. I use store bought frosting. This recipe is a keeper. They are tender, not crisp. Also, the printable Valentine's in the photo can be found here. And there is a cute Valentine garland here.

Update: We made these for Easter. Still the best recipe ever!

Mable's Sugar Cookies
printable copy
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 1 T. vanilla
  • 1/2 c. butter flavored Crisco
  • 6 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 T. baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix wet ingredients in mixer. Sift dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until dough is easy to handle. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut out on floured counter. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 9 minutes. (I baked them for 11 minutes.)

Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 1 T. butter
  • 2 T. cream cheese
  • 1 t. almond or coconut flavoring extract
  • 3+ c. powdered sugar
  • 1 or 2 T. milk
Soften butter and cream cheese in microwave. Add extract of choice. Stir in powdered sugar. Add milk slowly while stirring until cream.

(This is a repost)

2 comments:

  1. thank you for all your hard work! i just gave you an award on my blog- check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have looked for this since 1985!!!!!! My companion from Tooele had a recipe that used milk and 7 cups of flour. I thought it broke every cookie rule in the book and scoffed at her. Then...I ATE my words as she created a cookie that I have since considered the greatest cookies I ever ate. I only had her for a month...but she was the most influential companion. I have always thought of her every Christmas!

    THANK YOU for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...