May 3, 2010

Items to Stock Up on for Your Food Storage: May

Here is a list of goals for food storage, emergency and general grocery items for the month of May. You may find on sale in conjunction with Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, and Memorial Day sales. Take advantage of sales to save money.

Shelf Foods - BBQ sauce, Steak sauce, Mayonnaise, Relish/Pickles, Olives, Refried beans, Baked beans, Enchilada sauce, Green chilies, Taco sauce, Pancake syrup, Soda,

Toiletries - Baby diapers, Baby wipes

Paper & Cleaning - Bleach, Laundry Detergent

Freezer Foods - Strawberry jam or berries, Ground beef, Popsicles

Medical & First Aid - sunscreen, insect repellent, calamine lotion

Family Emergency Kit Supplies (items you share as a family)
5 or 6 gal. bucket or bag, bucket lid, gas shutoff, heavy duty trash bags, family first aid kit, include medicine, sewing kit, scissors, liquid hand soap, work gloves

Equipment & Fuel - Canning jars & lids, Canner, Canning tools

Emergency Prep - Establish a financial reserve, Emergency cash at home in small bills

9 comments:

  1. Would love to know what kind and where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the Western Family Brand at Macey's for .79 cents. It's not the kids preferred brand, but I was tired of paying full price. I did not buy enough last time to get through the winter. I just hate paying too much for things.

    I have not seen .69 cents in a long time. Who knows if it will come back. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to tell you that if you change the size of your movie clips and downsize them, then they won't overlap your right hand column. It is easy if you click on the tab edit html (as you are writing your post - you have to change both sets of numbers). If you need more help, let me know.

    I love your blog - I have your link on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your site!

    Just thought I would let you and your readers know we are giving away a FREE Bosch Mixer (over $300) on our blog this month! Visit our blog for more details www.dealstomeals.blogspot.com to see how easy it is to win!

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tiffani! I will look at that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you can place a button link. Go ahead and grab it off my side bar. The code is there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a relatively new reader of your blog....only about a month or so, but my question is this....do you normally give a list for each month on the things that you might stock up on that you feel are better to buy that month versus any other?

    ~Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. M: Yes. There is a list of items to choose from on the right side bar each month. "Store Some Of These This Month." I change it about the 1st of each month. It contains items that are in season, or typically can be found on sale during that month. I have studied the general grocery store patterns over the past few years, and it has helped me save a lot of money. However, everything on the list does not necessarily go on sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and suggestions! Sorry you have to show word verification, but it prevents spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...