December 1, 2009

Grocery Store, Food Storage Companies, and Case Lot Price Comparison

At this time of year you can find some great sales on holiday baking items to add to your food storage. However, how do you know what to compare those prices to? I've updated my Grocery/Case Lot price comparison spreadsheet and added some local Utah food storage companies (Shelf Reliance, Blue Chip, Emergency Essentials). I want you to see what you can really buy items for. You can compare prices from canned meat, beans, pasta, soups and stews, vegetables, fruits and baking items. It pays to compare prices, and I've done my homework. I'm a little bit frustrated at how high some food storage companies are selling products for (I won't point fingers), so look over the spreadsheet and don't overspend. You can almost always do better at the LDS Home Storage Centers and sometimes Costco, Sam's Club or Walmart.

The month listed to the left of each item is the month I gathered the price. Some items could be at a better price now, but it's nice to know if you should wait until the next Case Lot sale, or just shop the current sales.

(Sorry for so many posts in the past few days, but I write when I have time.)

Grocery Store, Food Storage Companies and Case Lot Price Comparison.pdf
and Excel (No longer available)

9 comments:

  1. I'd love to view the file, but acrobat is saying that the file doesn't exist or I don't have access to it. Could you please check it and let me know if it's just me.

    Thanks
    Chris
    chrisgreedy(@)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried clicking on the link to your comparison shopping list, and was sent to "acrobat" something or other to sign up for a service....not sure what that is all about, but a disappointment, as I was anxious to see your spreadsheet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason when I click on the link to see your comparison chart it just takes me to the Adobe website...

    I guess it could be my computer but I thought I would check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't open the PDF. It links to Adobe's homepage. Can you update the link or am I doing something wrong? I'm really eager to read this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Sorry. Acrobat has made some changes and I'm still getting the hang of it. You should be able to open the PDF or Excel spreadsheet now. Let me know if it still does not work. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still broken :( And I totally want to check out your spreadsheet! I've always wondered but have been too lazy to put it together myself so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is working for me. Are you clicking on the link at the end of the post? It should take you to Acrobat.com and in a few seconds open to the pdf or spreadsheet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the price comparison list. I have my own, but was able to update it because yours is so much more complete. Thanks for all the work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...